The 19th International Symposium on Computers in Education (SIIE) and the 8th CIED Meeting/ 3rd CIED International Meeting will be held together in Lisbon (Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon, School of Education), Portugal, from 9th to 11th November 2017.
The International Symposium on Computers in Education (SIIE) is an international forum for presenting, discussing and reflecting on research, development and practices in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in Education.
The previous editions were held alternately between Spain and Portugal, providing a space for researchers, educators and institutional representatives to exchange and debate ideas. SIIE has become a reference, particularly in the Ibero-American context.
Following the previous CIED Meetings, the 8th CIED Meeting/ 3rd CIED International Meeting aims at creating a space for reflection and debate on the role of ICT in formal, non-formal and informal education.
Authors are invited to submit papers on ICT in Education, with priority for the following topics:
- Methodologies of development, use and evaluation of ICT in education
- Development and evaluation of human-computer Interaction in education
- ICT in Teachers education
- Ubiquitous computing in education
- Gaming and simulations in education
- Robotics and education
- Gender and ICT in Education
- ICT and inclusion
- Virtual and remote laboratories in education
- Social networks and learning communities
- e-Learning and e-Assessment
- Educational management systems
- Data mining for education
Authors are invited to submit papers on the topics of the joint meeting 19th International Symposium on Computers in Education (SIIE) and the 8th CIED Meeting/ 3rd CIED International Meeting.
Papers must be submitted in a ‘blind’ version to be sent to blind review. No authors names and no affiliations should be included.
Paper proposals should be:
- Original full papers;
- Written in English, Portuguese or Spanish;
- In PDF format;
- Limited to a maximum of 6 pages, in the format of the IEEE proceedings (ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html );
- Submitted to the congress management system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=siiecied2017).
Accepted papers will be published in the SIIE-CIED 2017 Proceedings (digital with ISBN) and made available during the Meeting. It will be published as post-proceedings on IEEE Xplore.
- The IEEE RITA journal (http://rita.det.uvigo.es/)
- The Education in Knowledge Society (EKS) journal (http://revistatesi.usal.es)
- Journal of Information Technology Research (JITR) (http://www.igi-global.com/journal/journal-information-technology-research-jitr/1100)
- The annual publication (TICAI) of the spanish, portuguese and brazilian chapters of IEEE Education Society (romulo.det.uvigo.es/ticai)
- The ADIE Journal, IE Comunicaciones (http://www.adie.es)
The participation of authors in the joint meeting 19th International Symposium on Computers in Education (SIIE) and 8th CIED Meeting/ 3rd CIED International Meeting can be in presence or virtual.
In virtual participation, the authors of accepted papers must submit, not only the paper final version, but also a video presentation of that paper, on the YouTube channel of the meeting.
|Submission deadline||22nd May|
|Review results||5th July|
|Submission of papers final version||18th July|
|Deadline for registration of authors of accepted papers||15th September|
|SIIE 2017 + CIED 2017||9th, 10th, and 11th November|